Accessibility Standard for Customer Service Plan
Below, you will find our Accessibility Standard for Customer Service Plan to help you better understand our goals. It outlines our accessible customer service policy, including practices and procedures.
Here is a PDF copy of this same plan : Our Plan 2014
Cole’s Florist Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Cole’s Florist Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- Garden Centre
- Christmas Cottage
- Florist Shop
- Pond Store
The notice will be made publicly available at the following locations:
- Front doors of our Garden Centre.
Cole’s Florist Inc. will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- All customer service staff.
Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Service within two weeks after being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Cole’s Florist Inc.related to the customer service standard’s plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Cole’s Florist Inc.goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Cole’s Florist Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s):
- In store with any Cole’s Florist Inc. customer service representative
- Online with our website
- or social media profiles – ie: Facebook.
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
- Management and/or CEO review and discretionary action.
Customers can expect to hear back in 7 days.
Notice of availability
Cole’s Florist Inc. will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following location(s):
- Social media
- Garden Centre front doors
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Cole’s Florist Inc. that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Cole’s Florist Inc. – 2014 – Accessibility Standard for Customer Service Plan
More Reading Here
- Announcements (7)
- New Arrivals (3)
- Feature Products (6)
- Plant Blog (82)
- Containers (10)
- Hanging Baskets (3)
- Fun Facts (6)
- Indoor Plants (30)
- Lawn, Pond & Garden (36)
- Outdoor Plants (56)
- Plant Care (41)
- Plant of the Week (1)
- Problems & Solutions (18)
- Seasonal (14)
- Wildlife and Pets (12)
- Containers (10)
No recent Facebook posts to show